Your next job opportunity awaits at Secfi
Senior UX Writer
In 133 days
Secfi is trusted by thousands of startup employees for equity planning and financing. We’re the first to provide a proprietary suite of equity planning tools, 1:1 guidance with licensed equity strategists and a set of financing products that enable employees to own a stake in the company they helped build. We also provide company-wide education for startups at all stages to help their team make the best decision for their own situation. To date we have worked with employees from more than 80% of all U.S. unicorns.
We recognize that company stock options are often the largest financial asset that startup employees own. Our goal is to help them navigate the complexities of making key decisions with their equity compensation and then use their hard-earned proceeds to achieve their financial goals and prudently plan for their financial future. Now, Secfi is embarking on an exciting new chapter as we expand into wealth management. We’re excited to continue educating and empowering the startup community by giving them accessible advice when they need it most, and providing customized investment opportunities to continue building their wealth.
Working for a startup is like building a plane already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Our core values — customer focus, perseverance, action, ownership, diversity and team — are embedded in everything we do. If you’re seeking to exponentially grow in your career, learn and contribute to all aspects of building and scaling a business, and create cutting-edge technology solutions that allows Secfi to provide a best-in-class client experience, then this is the opportunity for you!
About the Team
You’ll be joining a team of 6 experienced design professionals responsible for the company’s entire design scope, from product design to research and branding. We’re passionate about design and value a healthy work-life balance. We have a tight-knit culture, supporting our design goals as a team, and we bring our authentic selves to work. We look forward to meeting our newest teammate!
About the Role
As a UX Writer, you’ll be influencing Secfi’s product experiences by creating useful, meaningful copy that helps our clients achieve their goals. You can help define the vision and narratives across multiple products and user journeys. You’ll be collaborating with people in a variety of UX design-related roles including designers, product managers, developers, marketing and compliance teams to establish a unified voice across all of our products. You’ll consistently use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices.
You’ve also got a knack for storytelling and content strategy. You can contribute to product vision, tone and narratives across multiple products you will co-own with designers as the content subject matter expert. You will also build guidelines and document best practices to help build the UX Writing culture at Secfi.
To sum it up: You are a seasoned writer, storyteller, and educator with a proven track record of using content to build trust with potential clients through digital experiences. You have a deep understanding of the digital UX space - across desktop, mobile, chat and dynamic content - and a passion for what you do. You are especially energized by making complicated subject matter easy to understand for clients.
What You'll Do
- Author all product and UX copy across digital platforms, including Secfi’s website, Help Center, and within our product environment.
- Establish, test, and maintain all product language systems and experience documentation.
- Provide hands-on leadership to align creative and product copy direction and deliverables.
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, sales, and customer experience to create and optimize collaborative copy processes, strategies, and tools.
- Collaborate with the team to establish OKRs and regularly report on business impact.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX copywriter with cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional partners such as Product Management and Marketing to build a successful user experience for a complex digital consumer product.
- Skilled at translating complex concepts into everyday language.
- Excellent knowledge of American English spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage.
- A great portfolio that shows range, experience with digital products, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where context-switching and test/learn approaches are the norm.
- Fintech or finance experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- A clear leveling framework to facilitate career progression
- 4 months paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- 24 paid holidays
- Birthday off
- Up to two months remote working outside of the Netherlands, hybrid office model
- Annual training budget (3% of your annual salary)
- Additional savings contribution (2%)
- Internal 1-1 coaching
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Customized home workstation stipend
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience